Latest. Updates, News
Less than 3 weeks to go until the Haatch EIS Fund closes for the tax year-end tranche!
As you think about your own, as well as your clients, needs when it comes to tax-efficient investments we are offering you the final opportunity to be fully invested this tax year. This means that you can potentially benefit from carryback to the 2021/22 tax year depending on individual circumstances.
Aside from the fantastic growth-focused companies lined up for the portfolio, there are generous tax reliefs offered through the EIS:
- Income Tax Relief – you can claim 30% income tax relief if you’re based in the UK and are paying income tax relief. You can either claim in the 2022/23 tax year or carry back to 2021/22 depending on your circumstances
- CGT relief – gains made by the investment are exempt from CGT provided the shares have been held for a minimum of three years. You can also benefit from CGT deferral relief
- Loss relief – where shares are disposed of at a loss, you can claim loss relief, less any income tax relief, against your income tax bill
- IHT relief – where shares have been held for two or more years and at the date of death the investment can be passed on without incurring any IHT
To see the full details on the reliefs available please see the government website here.
The Haatch EIS Fund closes at the latest on 30 March for targeted full deployment by tax year-end. We require completed application forms, AML checks and cleared monies by this date. As a reminder:
- Target portfolio of 4-6 companies – focused on companies with the ability to transform established markets through digital innovation
- Target return of 10x across the portfolio
- Expected investment holding period of 5-7 years
- Minimum investment £10,000
Get in touch with Jessica Fox and the Haatch team to find out more information on the fund offering.
Capital is at risk. Past performance is not a predictor of future performance. Tax reliefs depend on the individual investor’s personal circumstances.