Latest. Updates, News
Who We Are
Haatch is an award-winning pre-seed and seed investor focused on B2B SaaS businesses solving deep pains in the present and/or creating massive impact for organisations.
We’ve been building successful businesses for two decades with multiple successful exits from the founding team. Haatch was started in 2013 by Scott Weavers-Wright OBE and Fred Soneya, as non-traditional VCs from non-banking or consulting backgrounds. We saw an opportunity to build a dynamic fund, for Founders, by Founders. True to our culture, we hire people to be entrepreneurs within Haatch and give them the opportunity to try new things and be independent.
Haatch now has a portfolio of over 70 companies, which are valued at over £800 million between them. We are a lean but fast-growing company with big ambitions. We are looking for someone to join our investor relations team and be an instrumental part of our growth journey to becoming one of Europe’s most successful VC funds.
Role and Responsibilities
- Devise a plan to achieve agreed sales targets and business aims within the required timescales
- Work to sales quotas set against budgets
- Build and maintain working relationships with Financial Advisers, Family Offices and HNWIs, predominantly focusing on developing new investor accounts
- Develop and maintain new clients through appropriate engagement and ethical sales methods ensuring you optimise the quality of service, business growth and client satisfaction
- Gain a thorough understanding of the company’s products and services and the circumstances in which they may be appropriate for existing and potential clients
- To keep clear and concise records of contacts and visits and to ensure the CRMis accurate at all times
- Respond to and follow up on sales enquiries in a timely manner
- Attend and present at client meetings, roadshows and other presentations nationwide
- Attend appropriate training sessions at the company’s request to develop knowledge, techniques and skills
This role is best suited to an entrepreneurial candidate who is comfortable working with limited assistance, is looking to become instrumental in growing the future of the Haatch funds and can take ownership of their sales responsibilities. We are interested in hiring smart, adaptable, hard-working people, not just qualifications or experience levels. There’s an expectation you have an existing black book of prospective accounts.
- Excellent sales, negotiation, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to work within a team environment to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Prior experience with HNWIs and IFAs/Family Offices
- Own network of HNWI, Family Offices or IFAs would be a huge bonus
- Experience required in a target-driven sales role with a proven track record
- Significant previous experience in a Venture Capital or Private Equity related role is advantageous
- Strong understanding of tax-efficient investments, including EIS and SEIS schemes
- Personable and committed
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Driven individual with the ability to define and prove yourself
- Can be based anywhere in the UK – need to be comfortable with working remotely
Send an initial email introducing yourself and a CV to email@example.com. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
The full process can be found below:
- Initial meeting
- Sales presentation and wider interview
- Reference check
- In-person meeting
- Screening call with Haatch partners
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Investor Relations, Jessica Fox, and Haatch Co-founder & Partner, Fred Soneya.
To be determined depending on experience.